The most awaited Holiday season is approaching! It is the time to celebrate and exchange gifts! But economy is a little down too. So what to do?! If you want to save money in general or just want to give something different instead of the mainstream gifts, you need to think outside the box! Do not fret if you do not have any ideas! Here are the four ways you can spoil your loved ones this season and these tips are definitely going to come in handy!
The first step should start with you! Everyone has a different budget and whatever you can save out of it is a bonus! Create a weekly target and try increasing your target amount little by little. In this way, you will be amazed with how much you would have saved at the end of the month! For example, in week 1 you decide to save $20. Make it $30 the next week and so on. At the end of the month, you would have added a nice amount to your holiday gift fund!
Reduce Monthly Bills
The best way to save money without doing anything is by curbing your electricity and water usage! Believe it or not you can save up to $100 dollars per year with smart saving and it is also good for the environment! Here are some ideas:
- Buying energy star appliances is always smart! It can reduce you usage by 10-50%.
- Do not keep things switched on if you are not using it.
- While taking a shower, don’t start dreaming! This causes a lot water wastage!
Unleash your Creativity
Even if you do not have enough money to buy a nice gift, you can always think of creative ways to make one! If you know what your loved ones might like as gift, why not make it yourself? After all everyone loves handmade gifts as they portray your love for them! To help you get started, here are some ideas:
- Soap bars: Everyone loves a nice, unique soap bar! And with a few ingredients, you can make them at your home. Decoupage soap bars are in a trend and can be made in a minute!
- Picture frames: Wooden frames holding family pictures or pictures of your loved ones are a memory to behold! It gets even better when it is custom made by you!
- Painted bottles or coffee mugs, tile coasters make great gifts!
- Giving cute little succulents in a pretty painted pot is treasure to have!
Shifting from big box stores to online stores is a smart idea indeed! Not only will you find variety of products to choose from, but also great deals! Nowadays everyone prefers online shopping. Why? Some classy gifts at very low price or some vintage gifts at an affordable price is the reason! You can even customize or choose from a wide range of variants!
It is said ‘when there is will there is way’, and by following these simple tips, we assure you that you will put up a smile in everyone’s face!